7 Awesome Podcasts Worth Checking Out
Podcasts are an amazing up and coming back again entertainment medium that's doesn't include watching a screen and there are some really entertaining ones out there!
I discovered podcasts about two years ago when I was living alone. I found it so comfortable to listen to them when I was eating. It was like carrying an actual conversation, and if you like the people, it's not only entertaining but also quite educational a lot of times. I think it's perfect to listen to them to fall asleep because you don't have to pay attention a 100%, so you can easily doze off. Here are my current faves (from „worst“ to best):
1. Views: YouTubers David Dobrik and Jason Nash simply have conversations about random things and for some reason, I find them really entertaining. It’s not much more, but I can quite enjoy that.
2. Psychobabble: Tyler Oakley. Must I say more? We all know and love him so his podcast starring his friend Corey Kuhl is always fun and entertaining!
3. Crash On My Couch: Couple Arden Rose and Will Darbishire host this podcast, who are both YouTubers, they just talk about really random stuff.
4. Keegan Allen's Foreverland: You might know him from Pretty Little Liars or as I knew him, from King Cobra (also starring James Franco! ;) also I might be the only one...) Keegan Allen is an American Actor and his Podcast stars fellow actors like Brett Diehr from Jane the Virgin and others and he is hilarious, sweaty! Could listen to him forever, it doesn’t get boring!
5. Dear Hank & John: Author John Green (The fault in our starts, etc.) and his brother Hank Green (Crash course, etc.) host this nerdy, awesome podcast. It feels very cozy to listen to them, like talking to some old friends. And there‘s a lot to learn from it!
6. Dear Sugars: Sheryl Strayed and Steve Almond discuss relationship and personal problems and it's one of my favorite thing in the entire world! They are both authors and so well spoken it's a real joy to listen to them! Sheryl strayed is the author of ‚Wild‘, which was made into the movie, starring Reese Witherspoon, and I love her! She says amazing things that resonate with me long after I've listened to the podcast and so does Steve Almond. 10/10 would recommend!
7. Banging Book Club: If you love books and love to pick them apart and analyzing them, this podcast is really for you. Leena Norms, Lucy Moon, and Hannah Witton are the hosts of this podcast and I think they're absolutely wonderful. First of all, I like that there are three people, it keeps the conversation even more interesting, then the normal two people conversations, and it's a really well-balanced interaction between them, bouncing off of each other. The books they read are about women, sex and gender, and topics that are really relevant and necessary at the time. It's really fun to read the books they talk about since reading can be quite a lonely experience but not anymore if you listen to this podcast, there is an annual reading list released at the beginning of the year, but even if you haven't read the book it's absolutely fine and still interesting, they are good at explaining roughly what it's about.
You can find all of these podcasts on the podcast app on iPhones, which is what I do and it's so convenient and you can download them to go, which is awesome, you can listen to them anywhere, anytime! If you subscribe to them, it will even download them itself whenever you have wifi and then there's just a new episode waiting for you whenever you want to listen to one.
Let me know, if you have any recommendations, I would love to discover new ones! And let me know how you like the ones I've listed as well!